• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

CPT Just Finished Blitzing my CPT Book!

Lori Hamilton

Lori Hamilton, CPC Bound!
CCO Club Member
MTA Student
I just finished blitzing my book, I'm excited, exhausted, and happy as hell! I just needed to share and celebrate. Might sound silly, but I feel like I just climbed a mountain and now I'm ready to start with the practice exams. Whew! Celebrate with me. :D

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
I understand your jubilation! It takes a long while to do but it is worth it, so onward to the practice exams!

Lori Hamilton

CCO Club Member
MTA Student
I just took my first 50 question AAPC practice exam and got a 78. Not as high as I would like, but it's a passing score, so I'm pleased none the less. I've been at it for about 12 hours now, so I think it's time to take a break and get some rest. I tend to get up in the middle of the night and study, so I've been at it since about 2am, lol. I have been studying the AAPC guide, doing the blitz and the MTA and put in an average of 10-15 hours a day studying, so I suppose I can celebrate the 78 with a nice fat nap. :)

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Congrats on the Blitzing. We feel you. :D
That is not bad at all for a first attempt on a practice exam. I think you are doing everything right. Blitzing and practicing.
Hey, maybe we should come up with some kind of sticker or smiley for getting your manuals Blitzed!!!!!!

Lori Hamilton

CCO Club Member
MTA Student
I have a question about the practice exam, it has 150 questions but only allows 1.5 hours, there is no way to get through that many questions in that time period, why is the time limit so short on the practice exam?

dianadawn

Thats great...I bet your book looks all pretty! I am close to getting my book all Blitz and I love doing it. I feel that I have special little notes that no one else has. My secret power book! lol

binta campbell

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
I have a question about the practice exam, it has 150 questions but only allows 1.5 hours, there is no way to get through that many questions in that time period, why is the time limit so short on the practice exam?
if you are talking about the AAPC practice exams, i believe you have 1.5 hours per 50 questions. If you are seeing different and they expecting you to finish 150 questions in 1.5 hours, its definitely an error. i know when i took the AAPC practice exams, you were timed on the screen but had the option of "resetting" the timer. I would contact AAPC if you continue to see that error